Thursday, September 9, 2010

Carrots... over the rainboooow...

Have you ever imagine where carrots were originated? If you searched for it, you might find something interesting. It was originated in Afghanistan and the color is not orange! The myth about orange colored carrots is that maybe it was bred in Netherlands. I was also surprised when I heard that carrots have many different colors. There are purple, white, orange, yellow, red, and black. So many colors and I've only seen the orange one!



Because I was so interested in the carrot facts, I think there are other different facts about carrots. And the way we serve carrots actually affects the vitamins inside. I never thought that eating it raw will not give me most of the nutrients! In fact, to juice it is the best way to get all the nutrition!

So here is a great way to juice carrots!

Ingredients: Carrots, Apple, Orange, Milk

Method

There are many ways to have carrot juice, I like to use many different fruits like orange to have many variations!

1. You can just juice carrots with plain water and sugar
2. You may add apple, orange, strawberry to make variations
3. you may also use milk as substitute, but it is rare to do this
4. Just experimenting to find your favorite taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment